Delightful Waynesville dining happens at these six popular local restaurants near The Yellow House Bed and Breakfast:
- Bogart’s offers classic favorites like potato skins and onion rings as well as their signature Bogart’s Cheese Fries (which is a mound of their house-cut fries smothered with jack and cheddar cheese, topped with bacon, and served with their homemade ranch dressing). For the Catch of the Day, diners have their choice of farm-raised rainbow trout or wild caught salmon, grilled and seasoned with lemon pepper or cajun seasoning and served on a bed of rice pilaf. Their Choice Grade A freshly ground Angus beef is topped with a choice of grilled mushrooms, onions, and/or green peppers. Both the Catch of the Day and the Angus Beef meal comes with a fresh salad and a side. Bogart’s offers several delicious choices for chicken, shrimp, pasta, soups, and sandwiches. Their extensive dessert menu includes carrot cake, cheese cake, brownie blast, and homemade cobbler.
- The Buttered Biscuit is a locally owned restaurant specializing in homemade biscuits made fresh each morning. While breakfast is served all day at The Buttered Biscuit, guests of The Yellow House will appreciate their complimentary gourmet breakfasts that please the palate. They have a lunch menu, too.
- Haywood Smokehouse prides themselves on their all natural (no hormones and no steroids), high quality, and fresh (never frozen) cuts of meat. Their recipes are greatly influenced by traditional Southern culture so diners can count on collard greens, creamy coleslaw, and cracklin’ cornbread, but the Haywood Smokehouse also offers Cajun, Tex-Mex, and other regional cuisines. Menu includes a long list of sandwiches, smokehouse platters (with pork, brisket, chicken, turkey, and sausage), and quesadillas (brisket, pork, chicken, and veggie). They also have a menu for the “Young’ns”.
- Maggie’s Galley, a family-owned and operated restaurant, is known for their fresh, cooked-to-order seafood, hand-shucked Gulf and Blue Point oysters, poultry, pasta, and hand-cut steaks. The all-time customer favorite is their house-made fresh seafood chowder. Their bar offers a variety of cocktails, an extensive wine list, and a selection of draft, craft, and micro-brew beers. They focus on generous portions that are as local and fresh as they can acquire.
- Smoky Mountain Sub Shop, celebrating twenty-five years, is voted the #1 sandwich shop in Haywood County! Their sub breads are baked fresh at a local bakery. They use the freshest ingredients in their homemade soups, salads, and sandwiches. They use quality meats, cheeses, and veggies. Wraps are available as an alternative to bread. They have 170 different sauce varieties for their sandwiches and burgers.
- The Sweet Onion offers regional cuisine with contemporary flair. From traditional favorites like southern-fried chicken to their signature pastas, fresh mountain trout, and scrumptious house-made desserts, they offer something for everyone in the family.
We know that guests of The Yellow House Bed and Breakfast will enjoy delightful Waynesville dining. From the moment our guests arrive, they have access to complimentary snacks and beverages. You will not leave the Town of Waynesville, North Carolina feeling hungry!