Fabulous fall foliage and fantastic fun festivals are here in Western North Carolina this crisp autumn season. You’re welcome to attend our Annual Apple Harvest Festival, right here in Waynesville, on Saturday October 20 from 10 am to 5 pm. Find all things apple related including refreshing apple cider and classic fried apple pies. Featuring mountain music, dance, crafts, and demo booths. Experience this iconic small town fall festival happening all along our scenic main street.
Asheville, about a 40-minute drive from The Yellow House, features all kinds of fun Fall events, including the following:
- Brewgrass Festival (Sept. 15 from 1 pm to 6 pm) with 55+ breweries and Bluegrass music in “Beer City USA” (home to more craft breweries per capita than any other U.S. city)
- NC Ceramic Arts Festival in Pack Square Park (Sept. 22 from 11 am to 5 pm) featuring more than 40 ceramic art vendors, food trucks, live music, and street performers
- Oktoberfest (Oct. 6 from 1 to 6 pm) is a German festival featuring live entertainment games and activities as well as 2 oz. samples (only for those 21 and older)
- Biltmore Estate Chihuly Art Exhibit (through October 7) is Biltmore’s first art exhibit in the historic Biltmore gardens, and first garden exhibition of renowned artist Dale Chihuly whose art is featured in more than 200 museum collections worldwide
Other Local Western North Carolina Fantastic Fun Festivals:
- Annual Dillsboro Color Fest (Oct. 6 from 10 am to 4 pm) features art on display, painters capturing this picturesque mountain town, live music, regional wine, and craft beer along with fantastic Fall Foliage
- Black Mountain Leaf Festival (Oct. 19-21) presents 3 days of outdoor concerts with music from all genres centered around beautiful Lake Eden and the gorgeous Fall Foliage on Black Mountain
- Maggie Valley Arts and Crafts Fest (Oct. 20 at 9 am to Oct. 21 at 4 pm) lets you meet talented artisans and craftspeople from all over the Southeast including chainsaw art demonstrations and a variety of food vendors
Our beautiful Blue Ridge Mountain area features fabulous Fall Foliage and fantastic fun festivals as our lovely leaves change their colors. The Yellow House in Waynesville has 10 well-appointed guest rooms/suites that each have their own fireplace. We also offer delicious gourmet breakfasts each morning and 24/7 access to beverages and snacks. We are situated on five lush acres and welcome you to explore our wooded property with mountain views and lakes.