Waynesville, North Carolina was selected for an Our State Magazine exclusive. Our scenic mountain town was featured in one of the leading North Carolina publications. The story is focused on several unique places:
- Metal Sculpture of Musician (on Main Street) features Waynesville’s unique 15-foot metal sculpture of a musician playing a banjo. Our picture (in the top left corner) includes the metal sculpture of a musician playing the stringed bass as well. This art is a symbolic nod to our region’s jug band heritage here in Western North Carolina.
- Frog Level Brewing Company (at 56 Commerce Street) got its name from the fact that its low-lying location across Richland Creek, at “frog-level” when it flooded. Located near Asheville (“Brew City USA”), some say they offer the best beer in Western North Carolina!
- Panacea Coffee Company (at 66 Commerce Street), is just 30 minutes west of Asheville, North Carolina. In addition to offering tea and whole bean coffee from all over the world (including Africa, Central America, and South America as well as Asia and the Pacific Islands), they offer delicious food like their soups and appetizers, spring mix salads and wraps, and sandwiches and paninis.
- Hazelwood Soap Company (at 437 Hazelwood Avenue) is a family owned business that specializes in artisanal bath, body, and home products using the finest of natural ingredients and essential oils. All their products are hand-made in small batches to preserve their potency, consistency, and integrity. Drawing upon the benefits of aromatherapy, they strive to offer superior skin care products.
- Blue Owl Gallery (at 11 North Main Street) offers original artwork as well as handcrafted jewelry as well as locally made pottery. A great place for artists and art lovers alike to get inspired ideas and decor.
- Tia Dana (at 26 North Main Street) offers a variety of colorful yarn to knit your own masterpiece! Those in the knitting community especially love visiting this store.
We are thankful that the Our State Magazine exclusive brings attention to our scenic Western North Carolina area. The Yellow House is the perfect place for luxurious Waynesville, North Carolina accommodations. Our guests enjoy a delicious gourmet breakfast each morning. We are also available to host family reunions, girls’ getaways, and wedding ceremonies and receptions. Please contact us at (919) 452-0991 for more details.